Single Seater Racing Car Driving
• 10-18 Laps •
Single seaters are the closest you will ever get to driving a genuine F1 car. As you sit in the small cockpit you look out towards the start line, you start to build the revs, and when the flag is dropped you drop the clutch and launch down the straight. In a matter of seconds you’re taking the corners and barrelling along!
The programme typically involves a welcome on arrival, followed by a briefing. Then it’s time to take to the wheel for laps in a performance saloon, where your instructor will demonstrate circuit driving techniques such as taking the correct line on a corner. Next you take the wheel yourself to practice what you have been taught. Then the real action begins: you take a single seater racing car such as a Formula First, Formula Renault or Formula Ford around the racing circuit. With potential acceleration of 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, these cars are perfectly placed to introduce you to the exhilaration and excitement of racing.
The person driving the car will be required to sign a disclaimer accepting liability in the event of damage to the vehicle. The driver will be given an option to purchase damage waiver cover when booking to minimise their financial exposure should there be an accident. Drivers are under no obligation to purchase this optional waiver. Full details are available at the time of booking.
Single Seater Racing Car Driving – Key Info
- Your voucher is valid until 01 Dec 22
- You must validate, book and use your voucher within the voucher expiry date.
- You’ll spend approximately 1-4 hours at the venue timings vary depending on the circuit and weather.
- Driving is on a one to one basis but the car is shared with other voucher holders on the day.
Weather Dependent: Yes
- You’re welcome to bring along family and friends to watch. Restrictions may apply.
Restrictions and Considerations:
- The maximum weight is 108kg (17 stone), maximum height 1.87m (6ft 2″), minimum height 1.57m (5ft 2″). This experience may not be suitable for those who are pregnant, suffer from epilepsy or any mental or physical disability.
- You need to be at least 18 years old and the maximum age is 70 years old.
- You need a full valid UK/European driving licence, which must have been held for at least a year and needs to be shown on the day. If you have points on your licence you may need to check before booking. You may be asked to sign an indemnity on the day.
- Days of the week vary depending on the location, available March to October.
Single Seater Racing Car Driving – Locations
Castle Combe Racing School Ltd – Wiltshire – Chippenham
Knockhill Racing Circuit – Fife – Dunfermline
Anglesey Circuit – Anglesey – Bodorgan