Not Your Usual Cream Tea for Two at The Courtyard Café
A taste of Bath
The concept of a cream tea has been established for centuries, with the earliest mentions the practice of eating bread with cream and jam dating back to Tavistock in Devon in the 11th Century. A recent resurgence has seen people embracing a taste of decadence in the middle of the afternoon and the cream tea has spread beyond its West Country origins with tea rooms and cafés all over the country offering visitors a taste of this tradition.
In a café that is within easy reach of Bath Abbey, the array of homemade food provides guests with a delicious way to take some time out from their day to appreciate the care and attention that the chefs put into their work.
This experience for two is the perfect way to relax after a day’s sightseeing in the beautiful city of Bath. The café itself is popular amongst locals and visitors alike and they have earned a reputation for excellence over the past three decades.
The Courtyard Café have turned the idea of a cream tea on its head by adding their own unique twist in the form of a Bath Rarebit, a deliciously indulgent take on cheese on toast that is the perfect way to prepare the taste buds for two homemade scone with cream and jam each that follow. This feast is accompanied by an individual pot of tea each, or a freshly brewed coffee, making this a truly delicious way to spend an afternoon.
**Please note the menu is seasonal and therefore is subject to change*
The Courtyard Café are unable to accept any bookings when the Christmas Markets are on as this is their peak time.
Not Your Usual Cream Tea for Two at The Courtyard Café – Key Info
- Your voucher is valid until 01 Dec 22
- You must validate, book and use your voucher within the voucher expiry date.
- This experience will last approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- This experience is for two people. There will be other people on the day.
Weather Dependent: No
- This experience is not suitable for spectators.
Restrictions and Considerations:
- Please advise on booking if you have any dietary requirements.
- The minimum age for this experience is 16 years old.
- This experience is available Monday to Sunday subject to availability, throughout the year.
Not Your Usual Cream Tea for Two at The Courtyard Café – Locations
The Courtyard Café – Gloucestershire – Bath