If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to soar through the skies in a helicopter, then this is your chance to see an area of the country from above. There’s a reason that helicopters are the rock stars of the skies – their versatility means that they can land almost anywhere and because they can hover, they offer unparalleled views of the surrounding area which is impossible from other aircraft.
The chance to see an area from above is one which can give you a whole new perspective, whether it’s somewhere you are already familiar with or a spot that you are discovering for the first time. From beautiful landscapes to impressive towns and cities, an aerial view is one which can uncover hidden secrets, surprising features or just a completely new way to look at a place which may seem unremarkable from the ground.
You will be welcomed and briefed by a specialist team. Once you are safely strapped in the helicopter you will experience climbing to over 1,000 feet, your ariel adventure will cover 6 miles, swooping over the landscape, then settling gently back on the ground.
A photo will be taken by trained ground crew before boarding the helicopter, there is no photography permitted airside for safety reasons. Whilst in the helicopter you can take as many photos as you like.
Helicopter Buzz – Key Info
- Your voucher is valid until 01 Dec 22
- You must validate, book and use your voucher within the voucher expiry date.
- The flight lasts for approximately 5 minutes. You will be at the venue for approximately 40 minutes.
- This experience is for one person, you will share your flight with up to five other people.
Weather Dependent: No
- You are welcome to bring friends and family to watch you on the day.
Restrictions and Considerations:
- The maximum weight is 101kg (16st). Please be advised the activity may not be suitable for those who are pregnant, suffer from epilepsy, or who have heart or medical conditions. If in doubt consult your doctor.
- The minimum age for this experience is 18 years old.
- This experience is available on selected dates, from March to October.
Helicopter Buzz – Locations
Beverley Airfield – East Riding – Leven
Tanfield Railway – Tyne and Wear – Newcastle Upon Tyne
Manchester City Airport – Greater Manchester – Eccles
Moor Grange Farm – Derbyshire – Buxton
Perth Airport – Perthshire – Scone
The West Usk Lighthouse – Newport – Gwent
Wolverhampton Airport – West Midlands – Stourbridge
Gloucestershire Airport – Gloucestershire – Cheltenham
Fairoaks Airport – Surrey – Chobham
Bussow Farm – Cornwall – St Ives
Dobbies Garden World – Stirlingshire – Stirling
West Craigie Farm – Midlothian – Edinburgh
Dunkeswell Aerodrome – Devon – Honiton
Orrell Hill Lane – Merseyside – Liverpool
Blackpool Airport – Lancashire – Blackpool
Elvington Airfield – North Yorkshire – York
Henstridge Airfield – Somerset – Templecombe
Kirkbride Airfield – Cumbria – Kirkbride
Southside – Tyne and Wear – Newcastle upon Tyne
Nottingham Heliport – Nottinghamshire – Widmerpool
Baslow Road – South Yorkshire – Sheffield
Oxford Helipad – Oxfordshire – Chalgrove
Skegness Airfield – Lincolnshire – Skegness