Take the wheel!
For those of you who can’t wait until your 17th Birthday to get behind a wheel of a car, then we have the perfect solution. First Drive is an exciting and safe way to learn to drive a car on a specially designated area.
After an introduction to the rudiments of driving it will be into the car where each child will have 2 sessions driving of around 15 minutes each. The driver is assessed individually and the course is tailored to each individual’s requirements.
When not driving the children will be watching and learning from the next driver to maximise the learning and hopefully to have a laugh along the way. The aim is to get each pupil to be able to pull away smoothly, steer correctly and stop safely, subject to capability drivers will also be shown gear changing, using mirrors, positioning the car and even reversing.
First Drive – Key Info
- Your voucher is valid until 01 Dec 22
- You must validate, book and use your voucher within the voucher expiry date.
- Your first drive experience will last about 2 hrs, with about 30 minutes driving time.
- There will be a maximum of 3 others in your group.
Weather Dependent: No
- You’re welcome to bring family and friends along to watch you.
Restrictions and Considerations:
- The maximum weight is 102kg (16 stone). The maximum height is 1.9m (6ft 3), the minimum height is 1.47m (4ft 10). This activity is not suitable for those who suffer from epilepsy or any physical disability. If in doubt please consult your doctor.
- Minimum age is 10 years old and must be accompanied by an adult.
- No experience or qualifications are necessary to take part in this activity.
- Selected Saturdays, March to December.
First Drive – Locations
U Drive Cars Ltd – Oxfordshire – Heyford Park