Last updated: 1/11/2020 @ 14.00
We’re really excited to take you on a fantastic ChilliMix holiday! Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, there have been a number of changes to arrivals into a number of the countries we offer holidays too. From time to time, the health authorities of any country may choose to carry out random medical screening of arriving or departing passengers, which can include a visual health assessment, temperature checks and in some instances COVID-19 testing.
There’s also been a change to arrivals into the UK after you’ve been away. So if you’re planning a holiday or have one booked, it’s really important that you read the information below about the country you’re arriving into.
Please remember that this information is subject to change and correct at the time of publish. We’d also recommend taking a look at the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office travel advice for detailed entry requirements, including forms, testing, self-isolating and passport validity: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Please remember that if you, or any of your party are showing any of the below COVID-19 symptoms you won't be able to travel;
- A new, continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
It’s really important you stay at home and follow NHS guidelines to keep yourself, your family and others safe. Find out more here.
Please check this page regularly before you fly, as requirements can change.
BEFORE YOU JET OFF
We know going on holiday is really exciting but the idea of sun and sand can get in the way of the really important things so before you set off for the airport here are a few things to remember;
- Insurance- Take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling and make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do- you don't want to arrive at your destination and find out you cant Jet Ski
- If you are holidaying within Europe, ensure you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that hasn’t expired and you fully understand what it covers. Remember an EHIC card isn't a replacement for your travel insurance. For your free EHIC card visit www.nhs.uk/ehic
- Take a quick look at the the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you’re visiting and understand how they differ from home. Check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Is your passport passport valid? Check those back pages to make sure the emergency details are completed! When you arrive make sure you look after your travel documents and keep them in a safe place- remember some insurance companies require you to lock your travel documents in a safe
- Do you need a visa, and if so do you need a copy? Check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture or make copies and store them securely using a secure data storage site
- Do you need any vaccinations or any other medical requirements for your destination, and if necessary visit a travel health clinic before you travel. For medical advice visit travelhealthpro.org.uk
- Tell your friends or family about your travel plans and where you’re going, leave emergency contact details
- Take enough money with you and make sure you have access to emergency funds
- Ensure you take the contact details of the local British Consulate in case of emergencies - www.gov.uk/government/world/embassies
- Understand what consular staff can and can’t do to help British nationals travelling overseas, check www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-british-nationals-abroad-a-guide
- Act responsibly, and be responsible for yourself when abroad.
Travel Aware Information
Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad
frequently asked q's
All of our destinations are carefully researched and selected to ensure your holiday is as safe as it is fun.
we want to ensure you get the holiday you've dreamt of going on. our advice aims to point you in the right direction in making sure you have an unforgettable experience.
ready to book your next break? book it with chillimix.